- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
8 Steps You Can Take To Banish Negative Thoughts Forever
Negative thoughts are more than just a nuisance, they can be downright dangerous. Over time they will drain your energy, disturb your sleep, wreak havoc on your relationships, damage your health and impair your ability to function on the job. Controlling negative thoughts is easier said than done, but with a little practice you can banish them from your mind and clear the way for positive energy to flood your inner being. Don’t let negative thoughts hold you hostage.
Try these tips for banishing negative thoughts from your life:
- Cut the chatter: Don’t allow negative affirmations to roll perpetually through your head. Calmly and firmly dismiss thoughts like “I’m not good enough,” “I’ll never succeed,” “I don’t deserve to be happy.” Replace those thoughts with positive statements like “I look forward to achieving the success that I deserve.”
- Take responsibility: Many people embrace the “victim” role which breeds negativity. Take responsibility for your thoughts and actions. Focus on the things that are within your control. The only person who can make you happy is YOU.
- Practice forgiveness: Show compassion and forgiveness to yourself (and others). Remember that forgiveness helps the forgiver more than it helps the foregiven! Let go of past hurts and free yourself to experience life in a positive light.
- Help somebody: A sure cure for negative thinking is to reach out to someone who needs help. Helping others improves our sense of self-worth and takes the spotlight off of our own worries and concerns. Look around you for opportunities to make somebody’s life a little bit easier.
- Exercise: Exercise causes our bodies to release endorphins which are the “feel good” neurotransmitters associated with the “runners high.” People who exercise regularly enjoy better physical and mental health. Exercise also keeps you physically fit which contributes to feelings of happiness and self-worth.
- Eat a balanced diet: The substances, including food, that we put into our body can have profound effects on our physical health and sense of well-being. Minimize your intake of sugar and fatty foods. Opt for lean meats, eat fresh vegetables and fruits and include plenty of whole grains in your diet.
- Embrace nature: Take a walk through your neighborhood or in a nearby park. Study the patterns of the leaves on the trees. Hear the birds singing. Smell the flowers. Step outside of yourself and immerse your senses in the wonders of nature.
- Count your blessings: There’s a pretty good chance that your blessings far outweigh your burdens. Express gratitude for all of the good things in your life.
Mindfulness meditation can arm you with the tools you need to diffuse negative thoughts before they can take root. This type of meditation requires you to focus your full attention on your breath as it flows in and out of your body. When you focus on each breath you can observe your thoughts, recognize them as “things” and dismiss the ones that create negative feelings. Mindfulness puts you in control because it allows you to squelch negative thoughts before they pull you further down the black hole.
Negative thoughts often stem from low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. Regular meditation can help you understand the source of your negativity. Meditation boosts the body’s level of GABA, which helps stabilize mood disorders and soothes anxiety and tension. Studies have shown that meditation affects brain patterns and makes it easier to dispel and dissolve negative thoughts. Let today be the day you banish negativity from your life forever.