- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
Six Thoughts on How to Control Your Subconscious
The subconscious mind is a strange, almost surreal thing to think about. It can be hard to separate within our own heads what is conscious and subconscious thought. We know that the subconscious mind is a powerful thing, influencing many of the decisions we make on a daily basis. But can it be controlled? Yes, through practice and discipline. This article will outline six techniques for gaining control over your subconscious mind.
– Get Artsy. Artistic endeavors, such as painting or drawing, require use of the subconscious to create works that express true feelings. Taking an art class is a great way to get starting thinking in this way. Even if you don’t believe you have much talent artistically, give it a try. The point is not that you need to be a great artist – only that you learn to tap into your subconscious mind during the process of creating.
– Be Your Own Best Friend. Saying things aloud that are positive affirmations for yourself is a great way to control your subconscious. A consistent habit of positive ‘self-talk’ will eventually work its way into your subconscious and those thoughts will begin to take over. Simple things like ‘you can do it’ or ‘good job’ will naturally lift the way you feel about yourself. In much the same way that negative self-talk can get you down, positive words will have an uplifting effect.
– Review before Bed. If you are trying to control your subconscious for the purpose of learning new material, a quick review before going to sleep may be just what you need. By reading over key portions of the material just before you close your eyes, that information will be in the forefront of your mind and ready to occupy your subconscious as you drift to sleep. This is also a great way to dream about whatever it is you are trying to focus on.
– Write it out. For this exercise, you will need a pen or pencil, a few pieces of paper, and a timer. Set the timer for either 5 or 10 minutes, and start writing. What are you writing? Absolutely anything that comes into your head. Literally anything and everything that comes to mind. At first, it will likely be very logistical things like groceries you need or stuff around the house. As you get into the time though, your brain will work its way into the subconscious realm and you may be surprised at the things that surface. When the time as elapsed, read over everything you wrote down and you will gain a valuable look inside your own thoughts.
– Repetition. Doing the same thing over and over is a great way to program it into your subconscious mind. Ever find yourself singing lyrics to a song without really thinking about it? That’s the result of your subconscious hearing the song over and over even if you weren’t really paying strong attention. If there is something you want to directly put into your subconscious thoughts, repeat it several times in a row on a daily basis. It won’t be long before that information is frequently working its way out of your subconscious and into your active thoughts.
– Meditate. Of all of the ways to control your subconscious mind, meditation is likely the most powerful. When meditating, you are turning off your conscious thinking and falling into a more relaxed state. From that state you are able to access thoughts and feelings that are otherwise suppressed by the brain activity of daily life. Take time each day in quiet meditation and you will be amazed at the access you suddenly have to your subconscious mind.