- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
The Top 3 Benefits of Positive Thinking
Staying positive in today’s world can seem almost impossible. How on earth do you stay happy when there’s so much suffering going on?
You can’t turn on the television without hearing about how some natural disaster has affected the lives of large numbers of people or how someone took it upon themselves to create chaos in the world, often taking innocent victims on the journey with them. No doubt, there are lots of things that can easily get you down.
But, focusing on the things that are wrong with this world doesn’t help anything. It doesn’t right wrongs, fix what’s broken or make anyone’s situation better. In fact, focusing on the negatives serves no useful purpose at all.
Positive thinking, on the other hand, has several benefits. Here are the top three:
- Better health. Several studies are now revealing that if you have a positive outlook on life you have better health. What’s the connection? If you’re not focusing on the negatives, you don’t beat your body down with stress, anxiety, worry and frustration. This gives you a stronger immune system which leaves you less susceptible to major illness and allows you to fight off whatever bug is going around.
- Stronger relationships. When you practice positive thinking, you feel thankful for the many blessings in your life, especially the people who make you happy. By expressing your gratitude to them, your bond grows closer and stronger because they feel loved and appreciated.
- Greater overall happiness. Embracing a positive attitude expands across all areas of your life. If you wake up every morning and decide to make the day the best it can be, that is exactly what you’ll do. You let the little inconsequential things slide and are able to keep your perspective on what’s important in your life. This leads to a higher level of life satisfaction.
So, how do you embrace positive thinking and make your life better than ever? There are several ways, but here are just a few to get you started:
Meditation. Find a nice, quiet place and clear your mind of all the thoughts that are keeping you from being positive. Let go of the problems at work and the lengthy to-do list at home. Spend a few minutes and just focus on your breathing. By giving your mind and body some time to relax and rejuvenate, you’re more able to keep a positive attitude.
Reframe your thoughts. If a situation is ‘bad’ find a way to make it ‘good’. For instance, if your car broke down this morning, try to pull a positive out of it. Did you have enough money in the bank to fix it? Or, were you able to catch a ride to work with your neighbor? Whatever the positive is, find it and focus on that.
Count your blessings. What do you have to be thankful for? Are your children or parents healthy? Do you make enough money to have a roof over your house or good food in your belly? Make a list of all the blessings that are in your life. Once you see all the amazing things you have to be thankful for, it’s hard to stay negative for long.
Speak positivity. Don’t complain about all that is wrong with your life. Talk about all that is right. This also applies to your inner voice. If you notice yourself start to focus on something negative, change the phrase to something positive. For example, if you find yourself thinking that you hate to do laundry, switch it to the fact that you’re thankful that you have clean clothes. By giving positivity a voice, you make it a reality.
If you live in a way that focuses on being positive, you’ll be healthier, happier and have better relationships. Really, does it get any better than that?