- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
Unleashing The Power of Gratitude
If you woke up tomorrow and only had the things you were thankful for today, what would you have? Pretty powerful question, right? Does it make you question whether you give enough thanks for all of the blessings you have in your life?
When you’re thankful for what you have, your overall level of life satisfaction increases. You lose the mentality that your life is lacking and instead have one that focuses on your great fortune. You truly realize all the wonderful people and things that you have in your life.
Also, if you approach life from the view point of abundance, you attract more blessings, like a magnet. You open your eyes to them and it’s like they seem to find you at a higher rate than ever before.
And, not only does being thankful improve life on an individual level, it also improves your relationships. When you are thankful for the people in your life, you let them know it through words and actions which strengthen your bond.
Unleash Your Gratitude
Even if you’ve been lacking in this area, you have the power to change it. You can do things that help you live a better life by developing an attitude of gratitude. How?
- Start and/or end every day listing the things you’re grateful for. They can be people, items or feelings. Include everything that you feel adds to your world and makes it better, more enjoyable.
- Don’t complain. When you complain, you are focusing on the negatives in your world. And, the more you talk about them the bigger they become. If it’s something you can’t change, let it go. If you do have the ability to change it then do it. Complaining isn’t going to get you anywhere.
- Let go of negatives. Remove the stress, anxiety and worry and open your mind to receive blessings. One of the best ways to do this is to meditate. Focus on your breathing and let all of the negativity seep out of you.
- Focus on the positives. Pay attention to what is right in your world. Yes, it can be hard to find the positives in some situations, but if you truly search then you will locate one. If you’re having difficulty, at least be thankful that the situation isn’t worse than it is.
- Speak gratitude. What I mean by this is to verbally tell others when you’re thankful for them. Not only does it make them feel good, but it makes you feel good too. You never know when the last time is you’ll see someone so make sure they know how important they are to you.
- Perform gratitude. Just as it’s important to tell people that you’re gracious, it’s equally important to show them. Maybe a friend has helped you in the past and now they need help. Show them that you appreciate all they’ve done for you by giving them a hand when they need it.
Feeling gracious isn’t always easy. Sometimes we have pity parties for ourselves and feel like there’s not a whole lot to be thankful for.
Just remember that someone somewhere would love to trade places with you and have your life. Sure, you may have just had a fight with a friend, but think about the person that has no friends to fight with. Or, maybe you’ve just lost a mother or father due to an illness but think about the person who just lost their entire family in a house fire or auto accident.
Like the old saying goes, sometimes you don’t realize what you have until it’s gone. Don’t wait. Enjoy it and be thankful for it now, while you still have it.