- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
6 Inspiration Techniques that You Can Apply To Your Job
Are you slowly getting burned out at work? Are you losing interest in your profession? Do you find yourself just dragging your feet to the office every day?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above then you seriously lack inspiration in your job. However, in this very tight economy, shifting careers, or quitting your current employment is not always the best decision. In fact, it’s dangerous and almost suicidal.
But don’t worry, there are a lot of inspiration techniques that you can use to get your work groove back.
• Focus on the positives – Obviously, there are some aspects to your job that you are not enjoying at the moment. This can be anything from an annoying boss, awful working hours or little pay. However, one great inspiration technique is to focus on what’s good about your job. First of all, you’re lucky to even have a job! A lot of people have been laid off in the last few years and the unemployment rate is still at a record high. Be thankful for the opportunity to earn a living! You can also look at the little perks of your job like say, free coffee, health insurance, a speedy internet connection in the office, or even just effective airconditioning in the office when it’s terribly hot outside. Find something to smile about.
• Think about your motivations – One of the BEST inspiration techniques is to recall the things that motivate you to work in the first place. Are you using your salary to buy food for your family? Are you saving up for a new car? Are you paying monthly mortgage for your awesome new home? Think back on your reasons so you will be inspired to keep on going.
• Relax and meditate – Sometimes, people tend to overwork and this leads to burnout. To avoid this, you should spend at least a few minutes every day in silence. You can do this in the office during your break time, or even when you’re safely back home after work. Sit on your favourite chair or just lay in bed. Turn off your phone and enjoy the silence. Free your mind and let it roam free. Meditation is a great way to relax both your mind and your body. Focus on your breathing and just enjoy the peace. When life is going too fast, the best way to stock up on inspiration is to simply slow down a bit.
• Talk to your boss – Inspiration techniques can also be proactive in nature. For example, when you know that there is something that needs to be changed with your current work arrangement, you need to point it out and talk to someone. Do something about it. If you want a raise, try asking your boss. If a co-worker is constantly annoying you, ask for a transfer or complain about him to HR. You won’t get inspired if you’re surrounded by distractions and stress.
• Challenge yourself – Maybe you’re just getting bored. Another favourite among inspiration techniques is to constantly challenge yourself in whatever you’re doing. Try asking for more work, or see if you can learn something new. Give yourself more space to grow and you will surely get inspired again.
• Give yourself a reward – All work and no play? You’ll definitely lose inspiration doing that. Make sure to give yourself a pat on the back every once in a while. Buy that shirt you’ve always wanted. Splurge once on a new mobile phone. Get a massage. Let yourself enjoy the fruits of your labor every once in a while so you will stay motivated to work some more.
• Bond with your colleagues – Among the inspiration techniques listed here, this one is one of the simplest and easiest to do. Bond with your friends from work. Make new friends! Sharing war stories is a great stress-reliever for office people. Who knows, you may even get a new source of “inspiration” from that cute boy (or girl) from accounting.
Follow the tips above and you’ll definitely be able to get your work groove back!