- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
Natural Ways to Reduce Stress in Your Life
Life makes many demands on each of us, and stress is actually our way of dealing with these demands. Dangers and other challenges put heavier demands on our bodies than ordinary living does, and to handle these, and make it more likely that we will survive our brains release chemicals that can help:
- Our muscles become stronger.
- Our heart beat accelerates, providing more blood to the body.
- We breathe faster.
- Our blood pressure goes up.
- Our food is digested more slowly (the body’s energy will be directed to more immediate needs).
- We don’t feel tired.
As you can see, all of the above reactions will help us to run faster, have quicker response times, be able to fight better, and remain alert. However, you can also see that if these responses continue without abatement, your mind and body will begin to suffer. If a person, a man especially, is in a highly stressful situation, the muscles will actually become as hard as iron.
Because stress is so damaging to your physical wellbeing, it’s vital that you find out how to reduce stress in your life as quickly as possible. Stress contributes to heart attack, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and insomnia. Although there are prescription medications for stress, the side effects and addictive qualities of these drugs make them only a short term solution. Some people find try to alleviate their stress in the wrong way:
- Substance abuse
- Using excessive sleep as an escape mechanism
- Eating too much, or not eating enough
- Isolating themselves from others
Fortunately, there are a number of effective, safe ways how to reduce stress that anyone can do. Taking the time to apply some of these to your life can help you feel better both mentally and physically, and make you a much more enjoyable person to be around.
- Avoidance of people and situations that cause stress is an obvious way to handle stress. You should also make an objective analysis of what you can conceivably do in one day, and if someone asks you to do more, you should simply refuse. If it is impossible to avoid the stressful situation, try to change it, either by communicating more effectively or by being willing to compromise.
- Getting enough sleep is also a way to reduce your stress levels. Sleep does help us to adjust better to whatever we face during the day, and if you are deprived of sleep, you will not have this necessary recovery time. Take a hot bath before bed, and perhaps a massage to help you relax. Taking melatonin can also help you sleep and herbs like kava and valerian smooth out tensions.
- When we’re stressed, we are usually pretty keyed up and find it difficult to actually relax, which just makes the stress so much worse. Meditation is a proven way how to reduce stress. The simple and pleasant techniques involved in meditation will give you stress reduction results within weeks – results that will stay with you, so that you will be able to better handle whatever situation arises.
- It’s possible to burn up a good deal of stress through exercise. Exercise helps to lower blood pressure and strengthen our hearts and lungs. A counter to stress chemicals, endorphins, are also released into our systems when we exercise, reducing adrenaline and cortisol and helping to promote a relaxed state and lessening feelings of anxiety.
- Another approach in how to reduce stress that has shown excellent results is through aromatherapy. It seems that aromatherapy can actually alter the negative brainwave patterns that stress produces and result in a more relaxed state. Diffusers and scented candles are often used in aromatherapy, and even more dramatic results can occur when it is combined with meditation.
If worry about the effects of stress and also concern over the dangers posed by prescription drugs have prevented you from getting help for your problem, there are a number of highly effective, natural ways how to reduce stress. There’s no need to let stress chip away at your enjoyment of life any longer.