- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
Healing the Body with the Mind
Since the start of the scientific revolution in the 18th century, the world has progressed in numerous fields of study without looking back. We now have possibilities that our forefathers could never have imagined. We have gone to the moon and back. We discovered the atom and cloned a sheep. We can now replace parts of the human body and heal disease like never before. But for all our advancement in technology and medicine, we have yet to unlock the full power of the mind and its impact on our lives and the universe.
Can the mind heal the body?
Probably the biggest disadvantage of being human is our body’s vulnerability. Human beings have a life span and we are in constant pursuit of a means to overcome this vulnerability and our body’s inherent degeneration. While science and conventional medicine do play a large part in the improvement of human longevity, many believe that the secret to healing the body is embedded deep in the human mind. Can the mind heal the body? But instead of looking to science and the future to give us the answer, we look to ancient beliefs that have long supported the idea that we are not mere organic beings. We are spiritual beings that possess the energy and the force to control our physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Works best when in perfect harmony
Scientists agree that the body has the ability to heal itself. The human body has the natural ability to rid itself of toxins, bacteria, and other foreign bodies that can inflict harm. It produces anti-bodies that defend against infections and diseases. The human body is an organized system with the right alarms and triggers along with defensive and offensive mechanisms calibrated appropriately to keep it in good working condition. However, this works seamlessly when the body is in perfect harmony with the mind and its spiritual essence. It is the primary reason that stress, fear, and anxiety are known to lower a person’s immunity and impede recovery from illness.
Though it would not be prudent to rely solely on our mind to heal us from major illness, having the right perspective, as well as a positive outlook, can complement conventional medical treatments and make recovery faster.
Here are some tips to assist in enabling the mind to heal our body:
1) Assess the symptoms and discomfort to determine the gravity of the illness. More often than not, we are instinctively aware of what ails us before we see a doctor, especially if it is minor. If it feels more than a common cold, it is still advisable to see a doctor to determine the illness. Knowing exactly what makes us sick equips us with the right information to help the mind deal with the problem. It also gives us the peace of mind and serenity to know what the illness could be.
2) Listen to your body and give it what it craves when you are sick. Our body has the ability to tell us what it needs. It is the same signal that makes us thirsty, hungry or tired. A cold or cough often makes people thirsty and leaves our throat feeling dry because the body needs lots of fluids. When you feel tired and lethargic, it means the body needs rest and sleep to recover.
3) Keep calm and trust that you will be healed. Remove all doubt that you are on your way to healing. Try to keep your mind off the illness by going through your normal routine when necessary. Remember that what you perceive and conceive in your mind, you will achieve. Smile, laugh and keep yourself entertained. The reason that laughter is recognized as the best medicine is because it relaxes our mind and naturally gives us a positive perspective. It also releases endorphins that relieve stress and give us energy.
4) Visualize being healthy and strong. Having a picture in your mind that you are healthy helps your body to achieve that mental picture. If there is anxiety and stress over the illness, meditate and calm down. Once you have relaxed during meditation, create that healthy picture of you in your mind. Picture yourself doing activities you enjoy. Not only will this help get rid of anxiety, but it will also instruct your mind to achieve such a picture.
Can your mind really heal your body? If there is any doubt about your mind’s capacity to heal, try to remember those times when you easily recovered from illness. What was your state of mind? How were you handling the problem? More often than not, you were relaxed and not even a bit worried about the illness. As with any endeavor in life, allow your mind to give you the faith and the strength to overcome the obstacle and success will surely be just around the corner.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login