- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
Naturally Break Anxiety’s Stranglehold On Your Life
Anxiety goes beyond simple worry – it can become an obsessive influence over your life, ruining concentration, sleep, and simple everyday enjoyments. When you develop anxiety, whatever is worrying you goes around and around in your mind like a squirrel in an exercise wheel. Nothing is done to solve the problem, if it even has a solution, but breaking anxiety’s hold over you can be difficult.
Besides insomnia and impaired cognitive functions, anxiety can cause a number of other psychological and physical problems:
- Constipation and/or diarrhea
- High blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
- Sweating and hot and cold flashes
- Mood changes, and weepiness (especially in women)
Anxiety that is allowed to run roughshod over your life is usually referred to as a Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or GAD. Because feelings of anxiety can be caused by potentially serious medical conditions, it’s important to visit your doctor when anxiety persists. However, if you have been checked out and found to be free of disease, you can take steps to find a natural cure for anxiety. You need not rely on unpredictable and addictive prescription medications when there are so many effective and safe ways to deal with anxiety.
- Whether or not you have ever kept a diary before, it can be helpful to keep a diary of those times and situations where you become anxious. If you are able to identify certain things that might produce anxiety you can avoid them. While there may be situations that you are unable to avoid, such as work, it may be possible to avoid persons there who may be bothering you.
- Distraction is another natural cure for anxiety that can help lift you away from your troubles. Turning on music and dancing to it can also give you exercise and release endorphins that can help to elevate your mood. Take up a new hobby or learn a craft – these things are enjoyable and also serve to distance you from your worries.
- Learning to relax through mental exercises like meditation has been found to be extremely effective when dealing with GAD. Unlike a pill, meditation takes a few weeks to practice effectively, but unlike drugs, the benefits of meditation stay with you all the time. It’s not difficult to learn and will take only a few minutes a day, but you will definitely notice a great improvement in your life.
- Although many people drink alcoholic beverages or take recreational drugs to feel better, these substances actually have the opposite effect. Besides the terrible toll these take on your body, they can also make you much more anxious. Alcohol, in particular, is actually a depressant, and the unpredictable results obtained through illegal drugs means that they should be avoided at all costs.
- Herbs also provide some excellent natural cures for anxiety that are safe. Valerian and passionflower are well known as gentle and effective ways to help you feel more relaxed and upbeat. While we usually associate hops with beer, it is also great for dealing with stress and stress-related headaches.
- Pets provide us with numerous benefits, and one of those is that they can help to alleviate anxiety. Dogs, cats, and birds make no value judgements about how we look, how much money we have, or whether we wear designer clothing – all they really care about is whether we love them. Just the simple act of stroking your dog or cat can help to release your anxiety and tension, and if you can take the pet on a walk every day(even cats can be trained to walk on a leash), you’ll be able to add exercise to this natural cure for anxiety.
While you may feel overwhelmed by feelings of anxiety, there are a number of natural cures for this condition that can help you feel good about your life again. GAD is a very unwelcome visitor, and when you decide it’s time to show anxiety the door, you can rely on natural cures for anxiety to provide you with the means.