- 5 Tips To Finding Peace Within Yourself
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Learning How to Accept Yourself
- How to Find Your Inner Peace and Transform Your Life
- 8 Benefits of Having an Open Mind and How to Get One
- Learn How To Be A Happier Person
- What Is The Meaning Of Life?
- Laws of Abundance – The Riches of Love and Joy
- How to Be Laid Back By Following These 9 Simple Strategies
- The meaning of confucius’ golden rule – 4 practical ways of living it
- 3 methods of unleashing the power of contentment in your life
These 6 Natural Cures For Anxiety Will Improve Your Life
It’s certainly human to worry about things, all of us do it, but at times common worry can slide into anxiety. When small worries come to dominate your life, it will be likely that you have developed a Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or GAD. Anxiety differs from panic attacks in that there is usually a recognizable trigger, such as worrying about whether you’ll get the electric bill out on time. The anxious person, rather than just waiting for their paycheck, will obsess over the due date and the amount, letting it fill their thoughts and even disturb their sleep.
Untreated anxiety can lead to depression, insomnia, and an inability to relax or concentrate. People who are anxious are jumpy and often suffer from headaches and other body pains. Conditions like irritable bowel syndrome can have their roots in anxiety.
The first step when you have decided that you’re sick of anxiety is to visit your doctor to make sure that there is not some underlying medical problem. Most physicians will recommend some sort of sedative or other mood changing drug, but if you would rather avoid that route, you might look at some natural cures for anxiety to bring you some peace of mind.
- Meditation is one of the most effective paths to follow when you want to do away with the anxiety that is plaguing your life. It is not hard to learn, and can be done in the quiet of your own home. One of the first benefits you will notice is that you will be so much more relaxed, and as you gain control over your brainwaves, your brain increases its capacity to deal with anxiety.
- A hot bath followed by a massage is a great way to alleviate anxiety. Warm water loosens the muscles and helps dilate the blood vessels, allowing more blood to reach every part of your body. A few drops of lavender oil in the bath water, too, will provide an even better natural cure for anxiety.
- Sometimes, it helps to visualize what is bothering you, so making a list of your worries can show you exactly what’s been on your mind. In many cases, you’ll see that what was causing your anxiety wasn’t really a big problem at all. You can even make a bit of a ceremony of burning the list afterwards to help rid yourself of your worries.
- Passionflower has been used for centuries by native people as an effective cure for anxiety. The power of passionflower to reduce anxious feelings is just as great as that of one of the most widely prescribed sedatives – without the drowsiness or possibility of addiction.
- Oranges are also a natural way to deal with anxiety, whether you have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, simply inhale the aroma of a cut orange, or prepare a heated potpourri.
- Kava, which is a member of the pepper family, is an herb that has been shown, through scientific studies to be an excellent natural cure for anxiety. Kava is usually taken as a beverage, although it can also be taken in capsule form. It is highly effective and reduces anxiety and promotes a good night’s sleep. Make sure that if you decide to use kava to treat your anxiety that you use only a preparation made from the roots.
- One way that a deficiency of magnesium will manifest itself is by producing anxiety. Magnesium is a trace element that plays an important part in how we feel – when we don’t have enough magnesium in our diet, we will feel anxious and nervous. One of the best ways to use this natural cure for anxiety is by eating foods that contain a generous portion of magnesium like brazil nuts, sesame seeds, rice bran, cashews, dark cocoa powder, and halibut. Magnesium is also available as a dietary supplement.
Freeing yourself from anxiety will help you enjoy your life once again, and if you’ve avoided treating your GAD because of having to use potentially harmful prescription medications, there are plenty of natural cures for anxiety that will work just as well, if not better, than expensive chemicals.